(West Plains) – Join your friends for a fun evening out and walk away with tools to help you take steps to improve your health at this year’s Ladies First event from 4:30-8 PM Thursday, June 28 at the West Plains Civic Center.
The free event is hosted by Ozarks Medical Center and includes health education presentations, booths from area businesses, exercise demonstrations, a fashion show and fabulous prizes, including a weekend for two to Chateau on the Lake in Branson and a day of pampering at Salon Chic and Day Spa in West Plains.
In order to qualify to win a grand prize, women must visit at least one brief health education presentation. Sessions will be held at 6 and 6:30 PM.
This year’s health care speakers include:
- Dr. Ann Connor, OMC Cardiothoracic Surgeon, speaking on women’s heart health
- Dr. Lianna Makarian, OMC Oncologist/Hematologist, speaking on breast health
- Dr. Clara Applegate, OMC Neurologist, speaking on the use of Botox for migraine treatment
- Dr. Kathryn Egly, OMC Emergency Department Medical Director, speaking on seatbelt safety
- Dr. Aaron Mills, Family Practice Physician at Burton Creek Medical Clinic, speaking on weight loss
- Chris Adcock, ANP at Burton Creek Medical Clinic, speaking on new guidelines for PAP smears
In order to qualify to win the grand prize, women should also stop by the exercise booth, where there will be demonstrations of many different types of fitness options, including Zumba, yoga and at home exercise. Demonstrations begin at 5:30 p.m.
This is the fourth year for Ladies First, which was attended by 500 women in 2011. This year’s theme is 2 Fun 2 Sleep, a reminder for women of the fun times they had at slumber parties and an evening of pampering.
For more information about Ladies First or participation with a vendor booth, call 417-257-6735 or visit www.ozarksmedicalcenter.com