(Willow Springs) – A two-year-old is dead after a Wednesday morning fire in Willow Springs.
Willow Springs Police Chief Dan Dunn says the fire started around 7 AM in the kitchen of the home at 715 Park St. in Willow Springs.
Authorities say 2-year-old Cooper Bittick, who was in the home at the time with his great-grandmother, was killed in the blaze.
The woman was not harmed in the fire, which is believed to have been started in the kitchen by grease. Dunn says that the woman attempted to put the fire out, but it rapidly spread through the house.
Dunn says the state Fire Marshal is on-scene investigating the fire.
The home is a total loss.