Bad Weather Happens - Be Prepared
We all know that tornadoes are very likely in our area. Every year, during Spring and Autumn, tornadoes and severe storms become increasingly likely. So here are a few tips to help you be prepared.
- Be Informed
- Pay attention to weather forecasts.
- Know where your local shelter is, and make sure all members of your household know.
- Keep up to date on current safety measures and local procedures.
- Make a Plan.
- Plan for the weather threats that are most likely for your area.
- Make sure all members of your household know what to do during severe weather.
- Practice often.
- Make a kit.
- Make a "Severe Weather Emergency Kit" - This kit should include basic first aid supplies, food & water to last at least 3 days to one week, a weather radio & hand-crank or battery powered radio, spare batteries for all devices, and a signalling whistle.
- For more tips about weather safety visit: Ready.gov